Monday, September 23, 2013

Days 65--84: THIS IS NOT THE END!


Is this the end of the blog, you may wonder.  Why hasn’t she posted in such a long time?  I wish I had a good answer to that question.  I don’t.  Business is no excuse because everybody is busy.  Yes, the school year has started and uprooted my established summer schedule, forcing me to create a new one with more commitments and to do lists. Blah, blah, blah.  Every mother with school-aged children can say that.   And I’m entertaining the idea of going back to work, at least part time.  Blah, blah, blah.  I’m also planning a birthday bash for the twins. 

For those of you wondering if the lost pounds came back home, rest assured that is not the case.  I braved the scale about a week ago, after doing an hour and a half of yard clean-up every day for five days in a row—the most intense form of exercise I’ve ever done!

According to the scale then, I lost a total of 10 pounds since the end of June.  I still fit in the skinny jeans.  The question is, how to continue, how to curb my love of chocolate and my occasional cravings for carbs.  How to stay motivated, instead of allowing myself to indulge in those super-chocolaty kid-and-babysitter-made brownies.

I’ve been off the horse, sort of speak, for a few days now.  However, the plan is to get back in the saddle and weigh myself a week from today.  Now that I’ve made my plan public, the heat is on. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment