Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 26: WWJE, or First Day On My Own


By the end of my first day without the diet center, I texted how it sucks being on a diet to my "low-carb-my-way" brother.  You just can’t look forward to meals like before because they’ll never be the same.  You’ll never experience the bliss of a mind-numbing food coma, eat ice cream, or give yourself an instant carb high with Sun Chips. 

My brother’s response was that all the deprivation is worth the long-term result and that when the going gets tough, he uses the WWJE method he learned from his gardener, Migel,—“What Would Jesus Eat?”  According to the gardener, “Jesus ate no carbs and neither should you!”

“What????” I texted back.  “Jesus drank wine (carbs) and broke loafs of bread (mucho carbs).”  I certainly can’t picture Jesus biting into a bunless burger or munching on tofu.   

“O.K.” my brother texted back.  “So Jesus ate carbs.  He was skinny to begin with, so it was O.K.”

Ah, to be skinny to begin with!

No comments:

Post a Comment