Friday, July 12, 2013

Days 13-15: The Course

What's more humiliating than admitting defeat?  Admitting it on a public blog for everyone to read.  Blinded by the success of the first week, I jumped on the scale yesterday, expecting another three pound loss.  Instead, my weight climbed 1.4 pounds, bringing my total two-week loss down to 1.6 pounds.

Surely the mental fog brought on by the summer cold and allergies contributed to the more liberal food choices and portions. Or (sensibilities aside) perhaps my monthly visitor, which usually makes me feel like I'm carrying a watermelon in my stomach, was my saboteur. 

My husband took my weight-gain announcement in stride.  "You go down, you go up--that's how weight loss works," he assured me. 

I suppose, as in love, the course of true weight loss " . . . never did run smooth,"* especially in a midsummer time diet.
 

*William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment