Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 7: Not All Vegetarian Burgers Are Created Equal!


Cheese seemed to be oozing out of my fresh from-the-microwave vegetarian patty, a mosaic of different grains.  Vegetarian sources of protein, such as vegetarian burgers, are included in my diet list. I took a few brave bites before fishing the box out of the trash can. 
 
My burger contained rice, oats, and various other grains glued together by low-fat mozzarella.  “You’re not supposed to have rice and oats!” my brain sounded an alarm.  Sometime, somewhere, someone told me that a garden burger is grains and veggies whereas a soy or bocca burger is, well, soy.  While I heard that somewhere, it never really registered in my meat-burger mind.  Now I learned the hard way--in a way I will never forget.

 

1 comment:

  1. Not sure that one person should be consuming so much arugula in one week, my friend. I am always suspicious of food without a shelf life; it reminds me that life is short and that we too are slowly but surely morphing from fresh green leaf to icky slime a little bit every day.

    Seriously, though, kudos to you for the hard work! We'll celebrate soon with some carb-free Starbucks beverages soon!

    ReplyDelete