Monday, July 22, 2013

Days 21-22: Sweet Dreams

Friday night as I was drifting off to sleep, my fatigued, carb-deprived brain started to flash images of eclairs and cream puffs.  Never mind the full-fat eclairs at bakeries and coffee shops--at this point I'd settle for the Weight Watchers brand they no longer manufacture.

Go ahead and partake, I told myself.  It's only in your mind and has no calories.  Then I worried that I had underestimated the power of the mind--what if my imaginary eclair consumption was so convincing to my brain that it started sending out signals to my body to accumulate calories and fat from the mythical eclair?  Don't be silly, I told myself and drifted off to sleep.

As a woman of vivid imagination, I get the weirdest dreams.  That night, I dreamed that I was surrounded, pestered actually, by fairies who wanted my help in being born as children.  You knew that a baby was previously a fairy if she opened her mouth and had red and white rose petals cascade out of it in slow motion.  Now there's an idea for Anne Geddes! 

What do babies who gracefully vomit fresh rose petals have to do with my diet?  I have no idea.  I'm not about to eat flowers, although I should probably eat more things that grow--like broccoli or cauliflower (ah, there's something that sounds like a flower.)  Maybe the dream was telling me to visualize vegetables as I fall asleep instead of eclairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment