Monday, July 15, 2013

Days 15-16: Low or High Carbs?

The low-carb diet honeymoon is over.  "This is a hard diet," I whined Saturday.  "It's so hard to give up carbs!!!" 

A sympathetic friend told me about a carb-based vegetarian diet, Engine 2, that did wonders for one of her relatives.  For those of you who, like me, have never heard of Engine 2 before and think that perhaps "engine" refers to a fast metabolism and "2" to an alternative way to lose weight--you think too much!  The diet was started by Engine 2 firemen somewhere in Texas.  Apparently the guys were able to lose weight and get healthy by cutting out beef and other meats from their diets. 

That's great for Engine 2 men!  They are to be commanded!  But I am not a 6 foot 2 fireman who easily extinguishes carbs.  I'm a 5 foot 2 woman who wears her carbs and avoids flames as much as possible.  The Engine 2 diet reminded me of my quasi-hippy vegetarian days in Southern California.  Years ago, I strictly followed a vegetarian diet but, alas, did not shed a pound.  Whereas I lost 1.6 pounds in two weeks on the low-carb diet.  Low-carb it is! 

P.S. Had a bunless burger for dinner last night.  Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment