Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Days 23-24: Cutting The Umbilical Cord


Tomorrow is my last appointment with the country-club diet center.  It’s not really at a country club.  Just the price of it is.  After a month of supervised food and carb deprivation, I’m planning to continue on my own.  This means no more weekly 15-minute consults with nutritionists and no more weigh-ins on the machine that can tell me my body fat limb-by-limb.

But before I cut the umbilical cord, I must give the center credit.  I had a really hard time staying on a diet for more than a day in the last few years.  With the center’s help, my diet’s lasted almost 4 weeks and hopefully will continue to last. 

While I couldn’t have started on the road well-travelled without the center’s support, I’ve also realized that the diet and weight-loss process is really about me and not the 15-minute weekly conversations with nutritionists. 

Of course, if I gain the weight back or stop shedding pounds, I will go back to the womb.  In the meantime, I will attempt to motivate myself with the money I’ll be saving on the diet center membership. 

No comments:

Post a Comment